Positioned as the largest supplier of aircraft tires in the early 1920s thanks to an advanced technology to design an ultra-resistant rubber, Palladium had to rebuild its image after the Second World War. The company opened its first shoe factory in 1947, using the same rubber technology that made its reputation. The operation was a success, the boots being so durable and comfortable that they were immediately adopted by the famous French Foreign Legion. The popularity widened until reaching the European explorers field in the early 1960s, which made them their shoe of choice for extreme conditions. It was finally in the 1990s that the brand was associated with urban culture and still remains popular to this day.